Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Since the firmware update I have been unable to print from my laptop. I can print from my phone, my desktop and another laptop. I had to reinstall the printer on all. I keep getting an error state and the HP tool has stated that there is a hp software issue. How can I get this thing to work

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

A firmware update shouldn't have caused a problem, but...

My guess is a problem with the port addressing. Check your driver port settings to make sure they're using an actual IP address for the printer and not WSD. WSD does not play well with anything. If necessary, you can access the printer's EWS (Embedded Web Server) to disable the WSD option in the network settings using a web browser and entering the printer's IP address.

Also, try deleting the driver, reboot the computer, then reinstall driver again, using an actual IP address and not WSD.

HP Recommended

I am sorry, but a reply of deleting the driver and reinstalling is by far ridiculous and unnecessary. If that is the position of HP, it is wrong as that is only a band aid. The issue is the driver / software BLOAT. We just need the 300 dollar printer (new) to work. Not too difficult in my eyes if you stop playing with the drivers.

HP Recommended

I am sorry you feel that way. I don't work for HP. I've been working on printers for over 37 years. I've been certified to work on both printers and computers. Over the years I've seen many instances of where the driver and computer OS just don't get along sometimes and deleting and reinstalling will fix issues between the two. Microsoft is constantly changing it's OS and causing compatibility issues with drivers. Sometimes deleting and reinstalling will fix those issues. I've given you my best suggestions to try and fix your issues. It's up to you to take my suggestions or not. Best of luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.