Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro 400 - M451dn
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I am printing on 6 x 14 glossy lightweight card stock and keep getting a fuser error 50.9 message every 3 pages. The side is printing full bleed photos. I switched back to my matte card stock with text only printing and no error messages. Are there any paper settings I could use that would stop this? I have tried Glossy Presentation / Brochure / Heavy Glossy and also the Matte Cover. Because my matte stock (text only no photo) jobs are printing ok, does that still mean the fuser has gone south? TIA!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Is your firmware up to date. They often have fixes for fuser issues in newer firmware. The narrow media may be causing overheats on the edges.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Is your firmware up to date. They often have fixes for fuser issues in newer firmware. The narrow media may be causing overheats on the edges.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you! I upgraded the firmware and changed the media to Extra Heavy Glossy as well and it seems to be working now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.