cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
AndrewGutz
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7

HELP! Laserjet m102w cannot factory reset and stuck on a wireless IP cannot reset.

HP Recommended

I have a M102W at one of our warehouses that will come online intermitently and fails to get a job printed.

I have another on the same network without any issues. Both are wireless.

I want to try resetting that printer to factory defaults since I cannot find any other way with the Toolbox to get this to work.

Please send me instructions on NVRAM reset. 

Thank you.

Andrew Gutierrez

6 REPLIES 6
Rainbow23
Retired
Retired
7,690 4,015 428 512
Message 2 of 7
HP Recommended

Hi @AndrewGutz,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query. I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you want to reset your HP LaserJet Pro M102w Printer to factory defaults.

To reset the printer to factory defaults I suggest that you follow the steps on page no. 73 of the user guide from the link: User Guide

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

AndrewGutz
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
HP Recommended
I read those instructions in the user manual but I am nothe able to access the embedded Web interface. The tools cannot find the device either. I was looking for a reset by key presses to reset. The wizard did not allow me to blow away the settings either. I tried an 1102w (power off, hold wireless and cancel buttons while powering on) reset process to reset to factory but that didn't work either. Either I have a faulty nic card since I can see it broadcasting on the network but I cannot ping it or a local PC plugged in with a USB cannot access it.
Thought a factory reset would be the answer but I have not been able to find the correct key press to reset. I read to ask for the nvram reset and the reason I am here.

Thank you,
Andrew
AndrewGutz
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 7
HP Recommended
Forgot to mention that I cannot access the 102 via Web anymore. .. it is no longer intermittent.
Rainbow23
Retired
Retired
7,690 4,015 428 512
Message 5 of 7
HP Recommended

Hi @AndrewGutz,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you want to perform NVRAM reset your HP LaserJet Pro M102w Printer.

As this information cannot be sent on a public post. I will be sending it in a private post.

Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next, to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Please reply back on the public post to let us know if the issue has resolved.

I hope this helps resolve the issue.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

Skyweir
3 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
HP Recommended

I coud use this info as well. can you please PM me?

kevin-t
Retired
Retired
20,511 12,997 325 734
Message 7 of 7
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation