Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 1020 print path cleaning on Windows 7

HP Laserjet 1020
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I want to do a print-path clean on my old reliable HP Laserjet 1020 cable-connected to a  laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium  64 bit.

Unfortunately the procedures listed on the HP Customer Support website don't go later than Windows XP and involve running a cleaning page initiated via Windows > Devices & Printers > Properties etc which is not available for the HP 1020 under my version of Windows  7.

Would appreciate any advice on a valid cleaning procedure as I'm reluctant to retire my faithful old HP 1020.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15563 15554 1031 1680
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Gray0917,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to do a print path clean on your printer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I would like to inform you that the full feature software for Windows 7 is not available for your printer and you will not be able to do the cleaning through software.

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Gray0917 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If there's not a software based utility for cleaning the print path of my HP 1020, can you suggest an alternative method?
0 Kudos
Tutor Syedumar Tutor
Tutor
8 8 0 1
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please check the following link

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00381992

Win 7 and Vista are almost same please do check this

Click the Windows icon (), click Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, click Printer, right-click HP LaserJet 10xx series, and then select Properties.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"  

#HpExpertDay

0 Kudos
BornToFix Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I, too, have an old workhorse, HP Laserjet Model 1020 running on my Windows 7, 64 Bit, Home Premium PC. Since there are no Windows 7, 64 Bit drivers available for this model printer due to it's old age, I simply have chosen to use the driver for a HP Model PCL3055 which works perfectly. I am looking for a 'Laser Printer Cleaning Utility' software capable of running on my Windows 7, 64 Bit, Home Premium based PC. It does not matter to me if it is a HP provided utility or a third party, generic piece of software. I tried to utilize the HP utility titled HPPCLEAN.EXE, however, unfortunately, it will not run on my Windows 7, 64 Bit, platform. If anyone may be able to suggest an alternative I would greatly appreciate your suggestions ! You may reach me via e-mail directly at:   fixxyourpc@gmail.com       I would like to note that I am having some minor issues with some streaking on my prints. I have cleaned the image drum with a clean dry, piece of cotton as suggested on several websites and it certainly did improve the overall quality of my prints, however, I am still experiancing some minor streaking on prints that, I though perhaps, by utilizing a laser printer software cleaning utility, I may be able to further enhance the overall quality of my prints. I do fully understand and realize that the image drum may have already seen much better days and may eventually, soon, have to be replaced with a completely new toner cartridge. Any hints or 'magic secrets', suggestions, abuse, snyde comments, sarcasm and the like are very welcome !  :Wink:

Thank you very much in advance for any advice or recommendations ! Best Regards, Mark G. Cooper Sr.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation