Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haydeeho
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 1300 gets always stuck on 2nd page after replacing pick up roller and separation pad

HP LaserJet 1300
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I replaced the above parts myself and it was still getting stuck, so i took it to a repair shop and it is STILL getting stuck

4 REPLIES 4
Level 11
Level 11
3,558 3,544 353 740
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 1300 gets always stuck on 2nd page after replacing pick up roller and separation pad

Did you buy oem parts or 3rd party? I ask because experience with some of the 3rd party parts is not great. Where does it get stuck? Have you cleaned the pickup solenoid at all? Over time the foam they use as a buffer gets sticky and causes the pickup roller to continue to rotate after the page is picked. You can hear this easily as the pickup roller will make several rotations until the solenoid releases.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
0 Kudos
haydeeho
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I used genuine HP parts. And i would think that the peeps that i took it to cleaned it. It gets stuck just as it's going up into the roller.

I had read about some settings that could be changed but they were for a windows machine not a mac...

0 Kudos
haydeeho
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I used genuine HP parts. And i would think that the peeps that i took it to cleaned it. the second page gets stuck right as it's entering the roller.

I had read about some settings that could be changed but they were for a windows machine not a mac...

0 Kudos
Level 11
Level 11
3,558 3,544 353 740
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The question remains, does the pickup roller make multiple rotations when pulling the first page? 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation