Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP1320
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HP 1320 only prints on legal. I disconnected usb cable and printer test page, still prints on legal.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Please explain further...

Does the printer have an extra Tray?

What exactly is happening?

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

Have extra tray. Disconnected USB cable same issue. Hard rest printer, same issue.

HP Recommended

If you put letter paper in tray 2 and tray 3 is been removed from the printer and you try to print what happens?

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

HP Recommended

Removing tray 3 and test print is normal. Pulls from tray2

HP Recommended

So if I understand your reply you were able to print on Letter Size paper from Tray 2 with no issues...

Is that correct?

HP Recommended

Yes prints from tray2

HP Recommended

So what is the problem? (you just printed on Letter)

HP Recommended

Yes but if I have both trays in it prints only legal.

HP Recommended

Ok, some progress, but it would help if you were more informative...

So it seems like you have letter in Tray 2 and Legal inTray 3 and when you print from the PC the Printer always pulls paper from Tray 3. Is that correct?

Next question is when you print Test Pages from the printer panel does it also always pull from Tray 3?

Do you get any error condition when the machine prints on Legal when you print pages that you wanted to print on Letter?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.