cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP 3015 paper jam with no paper in said tray

HP Recommended
HP P3015
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've got a printer in which has been getting paper jam messages, upon inspection, I found the event logs have been reading paper jams which state Paper Feed 1 Paper Late Jam 02010002020102000011000000. The Paper Feed 1 relating to tray 1, is an unused feed that is jamming. Tray 2 is the only tray in use, how could an unused tray be jamming is nothing is there to jam it? If the compartment where the toner is inserted is opened, then closed, it will work again for a while. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,057 6,009 649 1,531
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It may be that the pickup roller in tray 2 is not grabbing paper properly and so it tries to pull from tray 1. Do the pickup mechanisms make additional rotations to feed a page. Pull out tray 2 and look at the roller in the middle upper of the cavity. It should be clean and have fingerprint like ridges on it.  Replace if worn

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The pickup roller is clean and is not worn, not sure as to why the errors still persist. Records of the event log show this error has occurred 30 times since July 27th of 2018 with spotty dates of occurring. It occurred twice on March 20th of 2019 then again just two days ago.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation