Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP P3015
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've got a printer in which has been getting paper jam messages, upon inspection, I found the event logs have been reading paper jams which state Paper Feed 1 Paper Late Jam 02010002020102000011000000. The Paper Feed 1 relating to tray 1, is an unused feed that is jamming. Tray 2 is the only tray in use, how could an unused tray be jamming is nothing is there to jam it? If the compartment where the toner is inserted is opened, then closed, it will work again for a while. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

It may be that the pickup roller in tray 2 is not grabbing paper properly and so it tries to pull from tray 1. Do the pickup mechanisms make additional rotations to feed a page. Pull out tray 2 and look at the roller in the middle upper of the cavity. It should be clean and have fingerprint like ridges on it.  Replace if worn

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

The pickup roller is clean and is not worn, not sure as to why the errors still persist. Records of the event log show this error has occurred 30 times since July 27th of 2018 with spotty dates of occurring. It occurred twice on March 20th of 2019 then again just two days ago.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.