Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have followed the hints and my HP 4200 Laserjet keeps jamming at the fuser. It is curling the paper. i have replaced the paper, made sure the paper tray is not overloaded and cleaned the printer. it still jams. I have also reset the toner cartridges and it is still happening. nay other suggestions or should I have HP or another servicer come out and check it out? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended
If jamming at the fuser, remove the back cover with the power off. Now press up on the blue clips on each side of the fuser and slide it out. Make sure there is nothing jammed in the fuser. Also move the big gear on the fuser by hand to make sure it turns ok. Reinstall and try a print job with the back cover removed to see if the paper exits the printer. If not then most likely the fuser will need to be replaced. This assumes there is print on the paper when you removed the jammed paper. If no print make sure the white cam on the right side of the toner cavity moves to the left as you close the toner door. If that cam does not move to the left, then the toner cartridge drum is not engaged and the drum does not move causing the jam. If that is the case you will need to remove the top cover and reseat the arm that attaches to the top cover and attaches to the gear that controls the cam. You can download the service manual with instructions by doing a google search.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.