Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 4240n network printer seems to be loosing connection in print jon

HP 4240n Laserjet
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a HP 4240n set up as a network printer. I will send a print job from a workstation(only one using the printer), sometimes it prints normally, sometimes there can be a 5-10 minute delay before it prints. Sometimes it will print 1st page, stop, then print rest of job 5-10 minutes later. Error message on print job is :There is one or more conflicting settings   Output bin - Stacker Bin   Accessory output bin not installed.   No accessories on printer, always print from tray 2. I can ping printer ip address no conflicts.

Printer worked fine for years and has just started acting up. P.S. Have checked and changed cables, and switched ports on hub

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 6
276 276 28 46
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Go into your printer driver on your computer and check your Device Settings options settings selections under Printer Properties. Make sure they match your actual printer options. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
3,803 3,788 394 810
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Does this unit have the network connection on the formatter or a jet direct card installed in the EIO slot? This behaviour is consistent with a faulty network card. If onboard, you can disable and install an EIO Jet Direct card.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It has a jet direct card. I will try replacing the card. Thanks

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation