Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 426fdw memory is full need to preform advance reset

HP 426fdw
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

The memory is full, I can not receive and send faxes. I need to receive instructions on "advance reset". 

2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Professor Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3,497 3,373 210 509
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

See the solution posted here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/reset-the-administrator-password/td-p/6024657

1.Turn the product off.

2.Press and hold the lower right quadrant of the touchscreen. Keep the quadrant depressed as you turn the product on.

3.When the Permanent Storage Init. message appears on the display, release the buttons.

4.When the product has finished the NVRAM initialization, it returns to the Ready state.

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.
0 Kudos
Professor
Professor
1,780 1,580 153 285
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You do not need to perform an advanced reset to clear faxes from memory. There is the option through the control panel to clear faxes from memory. 

service>fax service>clear fax memory.

Find this information helpful? Please click Kudos or tag as solution. I am not an employee of HP but a current field service tech with 20+ years real world experience troubleshooting and fixing HP Imaging hardware.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation