Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet 4700n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Color LaserJet 4700n on my network that I cannot clear a 10.00.00 Supply Memory Error. Here is what I have done.

1. Replaced ALL cartridges with NEW OEM HP toner.
  2. Removed all cartridges; cleaned out entire area of toner dust and then reinserted OEM cartridges 
  3. Replaced formatter board with new board

Nothing works. Anyone have any idea how to clear this error? I have several of this model in my fleet so it isn't going away anytime soon I would rather fix this machine than tell them they have to buy a new one.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hope the below helps. Since the error refers to the black toner, swapping the black toner into the cyan slot and the cyan toner into the black slot will tell you if the error is with the toner or the slot. Since you have many of these printers just take a black toner from a working printer or move the black from this printer to another to see if the error follows the cartridge or stays with the printer.

10.XX.YY SUPPLY
MEMORY ERROR
alternates with
For help press ?
The supplies gauge will display the
consumption levels of print cartridges.
The printer cannot read or write to at least
one print cartridge memory tag or at least
one memory tag is missing.
The following control panel messages
correspond to the color of the print cartridge:
10.00.00 = black print cartridge
10.00.01 = cyan print cartridge
10.00.02 = magenta print cartridge
10.00.03 = yellow print cartridge
1. Turn the printer off then on.
2. Exchange the cartridge for the
indicated color with a cartridge in
another slot to determine whether the
error follows the cartridge or stays with
the slot. If the error follows the
cartridge, replace that cartridge.
Otherwise, continue with step 3.
3. Make sure the cartridge guide for the
affected print cartridge is installed
correctly.
4. Reseat the connectors between the
memory PCB (J9630) and the E label
memory contacts, the memory PCB
(J4001), and the DC controller PCB
(J1021).
5. Make sure that the E label memory
contacts are not dirty or damaged.
6. Replace the E label memory contacts.
See E label memory contacts and
cable on page 307.
7. Replace the memory PCB.
8. Replace the DC controller PCB. See
DC controller PCB on page 297.
Calibrate the printer after replacing the
DC controller. See Full Calibrate Now

HP Recommended

Well its been a few weeks of ordering new parts and trying all the steps down to 8. I have replaced everything. Is there anything ANYONE can think of besides all the above steps, before I send this printer to the scrap yard??

HP Recommended

I had this problem with a LaserJet M605 and the fix was the little connector inside the printer that makes contact with the toners 2 copper terminals.  When I looked in the printer (with the toner out) there was a small spring loaded piece of plastic hanging which seemed to not push the connector all the way forward to make contact with the toner.  The plastic piece looked like a little T upside down.  I pushed in and up and it snapped back into place.  The attached picture shows what it should look like.  There should not a T hanging when looking in the printer toner cavity.  I think someone was too sloppy / aggressive with replacing the toner and it popped the springloaded connector out of place.  Hope this helps someone else.

This is what is should look like...

Printer Pic.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.