Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP 6030 mfp

I have a colour HP6030 mfp that has got faded / washed out colours, all CMYK appear to be the same.

I have tried running a full calibration a couple of times & substituting the ITB,  the issue appears to the same

The only thing that I have found which may or may not affect the colour fade is the cyan and yellow drums are less than 15%

Has anyone else seen this issue, and if so how was it resolved

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

There are a lot of possible caused but not seeing the print quality pages and knowing the general condition of the machine I am only guessing. What we deal with most often is units being used in dusty environments and the optics in the Laser image scanners getting polluted with dirt. This is most noticeable for the scanner closest to the fuser assembly as this is closest to all the intake fans that pull dirt into the machine. Remove the toner and drum and inspect the slit at the top of the cavity which is where the scanner window is, if you can see dust there then your only option is disassembly to remove the scanners for cleaning or replacement. 

Other causes are weak high voltage board or bad power supply. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.