Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Costumer of mine has 2 different issues with there M477 printer:

They got an M477 for some months. But after a while (few weeks) he started get very slow.
When giving him an job to do with multiple pages (min 2 pages) it takes an long time to print a page, waits an few minutes and then he does another page and so on.

A job with 1 or max 2 pages it kinda fast, but also takes an minutes before he starting to get noise.

Also when the slow printing starts, he cant scan anymore. The destination is full/not reachable he says.

When going trough the logs, i cant find anything wrong with it.
Only thing to is to pull the plug, wait an minute putt the plug back in.

Then he reboots and works fine (printing & scanning) for a few weeks.

Also upgraded to the latest firmware (20160921)

He installed as a network printer on a 2012r2 server.

He is using the HP PCL6 driver. Also tried the PCL6 Class driver (MS/buildin).
Also tried directly from a pc instead from the server.
It al makes no diffrence.

I thinking its something wrong with the memory.

Also he drinks toner likes its beer.

He printed 13048 monochrome and 3863 colour pages.

But for this he used 3 times the coulors (yellow/Magneta/cyan) and 5 times the black toner.

Is this normal for this type of printer?

I have an another few costumers with this printer, and they dont have this issue.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Slowness is gone, probably trough the new firmware.

But he still drinks Toner as beer..

Any thoughts ?

HP Recommended

I prefer sipping my toner, like a fine kentucky burbon....

the A cartridges only yield 2300 pages, he's probably printing pages with alot of coverage- hi resolution pages with alot of photos. can turn the quality of the printer down- or buy high yield cartridges

how many pages is he getting per cartridge? you can run a usage page before he puts new cartridge in- then run another usage page at the end of the cartridge life to give you a rough idea.

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.