Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP CLJ 5550 Printe
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Networked HP CLJ  5550 printer that stopped printing.  I can ping it, and it shows ready.  The print job will even flash in the que but nothing ever prints.   I have re-installed the drivers.  Also removed the printer from the print server and added it back in but still nothing.  I know it's probably something real simple but I can't figure it out.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Do reports or test jobs from the Control Panel on the printer come out? Is the network integrated into the formatter or does this have a separate JetDirect card plugged in? Network Card may have failed.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I can ping the printer from a remote workstation so the JD card is fine and I have a link light on the switch and on the printer itself.  Reports/test jobs print out from the printer control panel just fine.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.