Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color Laserjet CM6040f mfp Printer/Copier
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I am getting a 13.00.00 error for a duplex paper jam.  I have opened and checked and double-checked - nothing.

I took out the fuser to see if there was something there - nothing.

Need to get it up and running for a big project.  

Any help is appreciated.  Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

If you have a finisher attached make sure that you open the bridge,  the device that moves paper from the machine to the finisher, and check for paper there. This is under the control panel and scanner assembly.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hi and thank you for replying.  When I got it and started it there was an 49.FF09 error.  I plugged the ethernet cable to it and restarted it and it went away.  Then I had the paper jam problem.  Now the error is back and I can move past that.  Steppping away for the night to rethink why the error came back.  It's still plugged in to the copier.  As for the paper jam.  It had a huge attachment that I never received (just the copier) but the bridge was there and it kept asking for the sorter.  I removed the bridge so it would stop asking for it.  That worked.  But now I'm back to the 49 error.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

HP Recommended

49 errors are mostly caused by print jobs that contain data the printer cannot handle. In most cases, a firmware update will solve the problem. You will need to clear all print jobs pending so that you can upgrade the firmware, as that cannot happen when printer is in an error state. Download the current firmware from support.hp.com.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you.  I got it past the 49.FF09 error and now working on the paper jam that shows no jammed paper. 

Do you have any idea what may be causing this error?   Any ideas appreciated.

HP Recommended

The jam is supposed to be in the duplexing area 13.20.00 Jam inside right door.  Initial jam error code 13.00.00

HP Recommended

Hi and thank you for your information.  I was able to get past the 49 error and now have a jam error in the duplex area that I find no paper in.  Is there something I can do to check the sensors to see if I can reset one.  Trying to get this machine going for a big project I have so any help is greatly appreciated.  I am able to access the control panel screen. 

HP Recommended

There are sensor tests built in. On the printer control panel go to administration>troubleshooting and look for manual sensor test. 

HP Recommended

Hi, I have tried to do the manual and paper path tests.  Is there any possible way to disable the duplex printing in order to bypass this sensor error?  Thank you in advance.

HP Recommended

The only way to disable duplex on this unit is when you are sending a print job, otherwise the duplex hardware is always on so it can be used when required.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.