ITJake
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP CP4025 Grinding Noise

HP CP4025

Hello

The printer started making a loud grinding noise. I did the basic testing, remove the toners, turn it on. Remove the transfer belt, turn it on, no noise. I thought it was the transfer belt and ordered a new one. The new one in makes the same grinding noise. I am not sure if Im making a mistake or overlooked something. Thank you.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Level 11
Level 11
3,565 3,551 354 743
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP CP4025 Grinding Noise

Grinding noise may be the fuser drive. There are functional tests on this model if you go on the control panel to administration, troubleshooting and then find the component tests which allow you to rotate various motors to find which is causing the noise.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
ITJake
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP CP4025 Grinding Noise

Thank you very much. Now I know the transfer motor is grinding. Any good videos or documentation on replacing that part?

0 Kudos
ITJake
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP CP4025 Grinding Noise

I have took apart most of the printer, but I found out that the motor is perfectly fine. This is probably an assembly of sorts than? Anyone have experience with this model or can reference this issue of sorts?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation