Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

This printer used to work just fine.  We had multiple users who could print using our wireless and wired networks at the same time.  We had the scan to network folder function set up fine.   All of a sudden, when attempting to scan to the network folder, we kept getting an error message and the printer would restart.  This happened every time we attempted to scan a document to the network folder.   We did a factory reset and attempted to set it up like before.  

Now the printer can only be connected via wireless or wired (but not both at the same time).  The issue is that we can't set up the scan to network folder unless we have an ethernet cable plugged in the printer which connects it to our network/remote computer (we use a Thecus hard-drive system).  Even with the ethernet cable plugged in, the printer refuses to connect to the remote computer.  Any help would be appreciated.   I'm about to go Office Space on this POS.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I checked the user guide for this model  because we have run into this issue on other units and as it turns out, the manual specifically states that you have to chose either wired or wireless, plugging in wired disables the wireless. I believe users were printing in the past but original documentation states it does not support this. 

I would suggest if you are having issues even with wired Ethernet that you perform a factory reset again on the unit and start over with settings strictly on wired and for your wireless clients, configure a routed path so they can access the printer. In all honesty if you are sharing with more than 2 users you should be using a product designed for that application, not a home office product. The amount of technician time wasted trying to get the wrong product working quickly exceeds the price difference between the right and the wrong product. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.