Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color Laser Jet Pro MFP M477fdn
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HP Color Laser Jet Pro MFP M477fdn PRINT FAILURE error

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

More information required.  Error on PC or the control panel of the printer. Are you connected via usb or network?

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Error is on the control panel of the printer. I have turned it off and back on a dozen times. I am on a network. It will print about 1/4 of a page and then come up with PRINT FAILURE ERROR on control panel of the printer. Then it says to turn off and back on, which I have done and it still does not work and I get the same error each time.

HP Recommended

Any numeric error codes? Sounds like a scanner or a motor freezing up.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

It could be caused by a failure of the paper to be picked and fed correctly. Check your pickup/feed rollers to see if they're worn smooth. If they're smooth, they should be replaced. If they still have texture, try cleaning them. 

Another option to try is a Power Reset:

A safe option to always try is a Power Reset to eliminate a possible logic issue:
First, make sure the printer is plugged straight into a wall outlet and not a power strip, surge protector or UPS.
With the printer plugged in and powered ON, disconnect the power cord from the printer. This will hopefully dissipate any electricity stored in the printer that could be hindering it.
Wait at least 30, preferably 60 seconds.
If there is a power switch, turn it to the OFF position.
Plug the power cable back into the printer.
Turn the printer ON with the power switch.

Good luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.