Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Olisar
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Color Laser MFP 170 Printer series - reset to factory settings, reset EWS password

HP Color Laser MFP 178
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, how reset password to EWS (Embedded Web Server) ? How set printer to factory settings ?

3 REPLIES 3
Level 16
Level 16
26,394 26,118 4,659 10,260
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Color Laser MFP 170 Printer series - reset to factory settings, reset EWS password

Hi,

From the network menu of the printer select Clear Settings (see page 34 in its user guide).

The default username would be admin (all lower-case) without any password.

Shlomi

2019_MeetupAward_Signature_FINAL(1).png
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Olisar
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Yes, I know, but i set "Clear Settings" in Network settings on printer, this choice only clear WIFI settings, not clear password on EWS.

I connect printer only with WIFI and application HP Smart on Android. Any different situation with LAN connection ? - I tested this, any different between WIFI or LAN connection, login after "Clear settings" in network menu not work. I used login "admin" and empty password field

I have last firmware and i know password to EWS, but this password not work (i used login ID "admin"). I need factory reset or NVRAM clean.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
26,394 26,118 4,659 10,260
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have sent you a private message @Olisar, please click the top envelope icon to access private messaging.

Shlomi

2019_MeetupAward_Signature_FINAL(1).png
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation