Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Color Laser MFP 178
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, how reset password to EWS (Embedded Web Server) ? How set printer to factory settings ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have sent you a private message @Olisar, please click the top envelope icon to access private messaging.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
HP Recommended

Hi,

From the network menu of the printer select Clear Settings (see page 34 in its user guide).

The default username would be admin (all lower-case) without any password.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Yes, I know, but i set "Clear Settings" in Network settings on printer, this choice only clear WIFI settings, not clear password on EWS.

I connect printer only with WIFI and application HP Smart on Android. Any different situation with LAN connection ? - I tested this, any different between WIFI or LAN connection, login after "Clear settings" in network menu not work. I used login "admin" and empty password field

I have last firmware and i know password to EWS, but this password not work (i used login ID "admin"). I need factory reset or NVRAM clean.

HP Recommended

I have sent you a private message @Olisar, please click the top envelope icon to access private messaging.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Hello ShlomiL.

I have the MFP 179 fnw, I have to do the factory-reset to try to solve my problem.

I'mo going to describe the problem:

The printer continues to initialize, appear on the screen the following:

System Initialize

Warming up

Ready to Copy

Phone

System Initialize

and so on in a loop

if I try to turn it off it won't turn off.

Help me please

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello Shlomi, 

I do have the same problem and need to reset the EWS password on an MFP 178nwg. I already did clear the network setting with no success. Could you please tell me, what I can do to reset ist to factory defaults?

Thank you in advance

kind regards

Thomas Müller

HP Recommended

Send you private message to ShlomiL

HP Recommended

nah folks, this could be on twitter next time.

please share the solution.

HP Recommended

Hi @bugbunt

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the  "Factory reset the product"

Please help me with the exact serial, product number, and model of your product to help you better. 

And let me know the issue with the printer to help you better.

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device.  we do not want the customers to try the same steps on a different device unknowingly which will cause more harm than help.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

HP MFP 179 fnw

SERIAL NUMBER CNB1MDC101

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.