Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet MPF M227dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Will copy 1-side to 1-side and two (2) 1-side pages to 2-sided but can't copy a page that is 2-sided to 2-sided.  My old HP LaserJet could

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The HP Laserjer M277dw only support automatic two sided printing, it do not support two sided copying of an original (ADF Duplex).

I'm not sure which printer you had before, but each model have its own specifications and the M277dw do not offer any ADF Duplex capabilities.

You may find its specifications below:

http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=4AA5-6751EEE&doctype=data%20sheet&doclang=EN_G...,

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

The HP Laserjer M277dw only support automatic two sided printing, it do not support two sided copying of an original (ADF Duplex).

I'm not sure which printer you had before, but each model have its own specifications and the M277dw do not offer any ADF Duplex capabilities.

You may find its specifications below:

http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=4AA5-6751EEE&doctype=data%20sheet&doclang=EN_G...,

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you so much, I will stop racking my brain out trying to figure howto get 2-sided coping

HP Recommended

I have this same model printer (MFP M277dw) and my approach to double-sided copying is as follows:

1. Load the 2-sided originals into the document feeder

2. Select copy>settings>Two-sided>1-sided to 2-sided

3. Copy

4. Take the originals from the output side of the document feeder and place them back into the document feeder. Do not reorder the stack, flip the stack over, turn the stack around or make any changes the pile when you move it from the output area back into the document feeder.

5. Take the copies from the output tray and load them into the paper tray. Do not reorder the stack, flip the stack over, turn the stack around or make any changes the pile when you move it from the output area back into the paper tray. (Note: I used paper tray 2 because I had multiple pages, but you could do one at a time using paper tray 1.)

6. Copy (Note: the 1-sided to 2-sided setting will already be selected from step 2 above. There is no need to make any changes to your copy settings. Just copy.)

7. Remove the copies from the printer and check them to make sure all the pages look correct.

I hope you find this meets your needs.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.