Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Grad Student
Message 1 of 18 (4,478 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Color LaserJet - Lines/streaks

Product Name: HP Color Laserjet
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have an HP color LaserJet and I am getting a lot of Lines and/or streaks on my printed pages.

I’m also noticing toner inside the printer and my printer seems to take more cleaning cycles than it used to.

Thanks!

Though I work for HP, My posts express MY opinion, and not those of HP.
Accepted Solution

Re: HP Color LaserJet - Lines/streaks

I’d recommend a few of things

First, make sure your firmware is up to date, Go to the Software and Drivers Download page at HP.com and install the latest available firmware for the printer.

Next, ensure that the toner collection unit isn’t full

Finally, print a cleaning page from the control panel of the Printer, normally you would select the following from the menu:

• Device Maintenance
  • Calibration / Cleaning
  • Cleaning page

You can also check out this document as well.

HP Color LaserJet Enterprise M552, M553 and MFP M577 - Lines/streaks, toner dust, and/or excessive cleaning cycles

Hope that helps.

View solution in context
Teacher
Message 2 of 18 (4,472 Views)

I’d recommend a few of things

First, make sure your firmware is up to date, Go to the Software and Drivers Download page at HP.com and install the latest available firmware for the printer.

Next, ensure that the toner collection unit isn’t full

Finally, print a cleaning page from the control panel of the Printer, normally you would select the following from the menu:

• Device Maintenance
  • Calibration / Cleaning
  • Cleaning page

You can also check out this document as well.

HP Color LaserJet Enterprise M552, M553 and MFP M577 - Lines/streaks, toner dust, and/or excessive c...

Hope that helps.

I am an HP employee supporting the HP Experts who volunteer their time and technical knowledge to help others. Opinions expressed are mine and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of HP.
Tutor
Message 3 of 18 (4,240 Views)

Also make sure your cartridge aren't low. 
If cartridges are low or very low, for better print quality replace the cartridge. 

I am an HP Employee
I work in Laser Jet Printing
The opinions expressed here are my own and not those of HP.
Grad Student
Message 4 of 18 (3,368 Views)

A few things cause that... First, run a nice colorful page and pop it open when the page is passing the toner.  Pull out the toners and look at the drums. You can have a waste toner collector gummed up.

Also, if you are using them, generic or remanufactured toners cause this kind of issue a lot because the powder is not as good quality as what HP uses and it clumps, causing build up on the internal wiping blades on the drums.  Not so much because it gets damp, but because (under a microscope) HP uses spherical shaped particals and generic toner looks like shattered glass.  They catch on each other and build a "dam". 

If all else fails, see if you have a good HP Tech in your area.  They can do a good cleaning for you and have it up to perfection for just a 1 hour service call.

Tutor
Message 5 of 18 (3,332 Views)

I pull mine apart about once a month and use a can of air on the inside.

Also shake the toner.

Distinguished Professor
Message 6 of 18 (3,212 Views)

[ Edited ]

I don't blow out laser printers because then you're putting the toner particles in the air where you can inhale them, plastic particles are not good for the inside of your lungs.

Also the canned air you mentioned is probably actually difluoroethane which is not recommended for breathing either.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
Top Student
Message 7 of 18 (3,101 Views)

I was having a similar problem with blue streaks.  I replaced the blue toner cartridge and everything's fine now.

Intern
Message 8 of 18 (2,877 Views)

check your transfer belt...ETB. Plus HP has a tendency to be dirty and dropping colour, by gravity all over. Not a well designed printer. But its HP/Canon.

Technician
Intern
Message 9 of 18 (2,184 Views)

Replace the toner cartridge only..the one, since everything has to be explained these days in Grade 4 terms. 

Technician
Student
Message 10 of 18 (1,729 Views)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation