Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Thanks mate. I'll try those things and come back to you.

regards

Rob

HP Recommended

This worked for me; cartridge was low, changed cartridge, problem solved!  Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello,

I am having a problem with white streaks on my prints, I have run all the cleanings and alignments the menu gives me as well as the tap 21 test.

Please check out my streak on the print quality report here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/153119703@N05/shares/02Q2S0

that picture shows magenta at the top of the streak, Now after I ran the tap 21 test about 5 times, the streaks are only white now ,

can someone please help me with this problem? Will this advanced cleaning kit help this problem?

HP Advance Cleaning Kit CN459-67006

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!

Tom

HP Recommended

Basically, you have a dirty printer.  DO NOT USE CAN AIR in the printer.  Toner is a very fine particle such as drywall dust.  Use a vaccum specific for cleaning the printer.  This is why printer technicans make such high $$ because no one knows how to maintain a server printer in the office.  The streaks are from the toner drum that got scratched due to printer not being kept clean.  Some brand new toners can have scratches on the drum.  Server printers have a toner deposit container that has to be replaced when full or you will get toner in the printer.  Read the printer manual on how to clean and maintain the printer or contact the printer folks

HP Recommended

The problem maybe the printheads that are old and worn or you just need to calibrate the printheads to the correct setting.  Or clean the waste ink tank out (if it has one)  Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

there are no printheads in a LaserJet. ITB may need to be changed. Also remove the toner cartridge, look in the back to find the mirror..clean with a eye glass cloth.

Technician
HP Recommended

Hello,  I see that your post has several good suggestions.  Can you tell me what printer model you have and if the lines and streaks  are vertical or horizontal  on the printed page.   The LaserJet 200/300/400 series have trays with cartridges that install in a horizontal orientation.   If most of your printing is mono and occasional color pages, these series of LJ's do not lift the OPC off the ITB.  When the print quality is observed have you inspected the cartridges for wear on the drum or the cylinder-colored surface ?  The OPC surface maybe worn thin and contributing to the streaks.  To prevent this in future, interject printing color in the mono pages.  The obvious is to replace the cartridges.  

(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
HP Recommended

Hi,

First remove the cartridge and check for any spillage inside the printer.

If you fine any, clean with the soft cotton cloth.

then try printing with the internal report.

setup>reports>configuration report.

If you see any lines and dots etc.. try doing the cleaning page

device maintainence>cleaning page.

after finishing, print and check once again

If the same issue persits try checking  with HP genuine cartridge.

the issue will get resolved.

Thanks,

“Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.”

HP Recommended

I have a client with a M577f.  I did the cleaning page. Change the cartridges that were low. Took a look at toner colleciton Unit.  Didn't seem to be full.

There are lines running down the dead center of the page. Sometimes light. Sometimes darker. Sometimes about 1"  in thickness sometimes a few thin lines. But always in the same spot.  Not always the same color.  But mostly black.  I just changed the black cartridge for testing and it showed very litle difference.  It doesn't happen on every page either.

I thought it could be the fuser assembly.  Thoughts?

HP Recommended

Unfortuantely that sounds like the transfer belt assembly is failing. 

Her'es a link:  http://www.printertechs.com/shop/hp-color-laserjet-m553-transfer-kit-b5l24-67901

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.