Post new question
Question
HP Color LaserJet - Lines/streaks
Replies (32)

Tutor
Message 21 of 33 (3,292 Views)

Re: HP Color LaserJet - Lines/streaks

I cannot agree more printerman, Kudos for you.

Intern
Message 22 of 33 (3,279 Views)

Buyer beware when buying knock off toner. Chinese/Asian/Mexican toners can be good. But test it first before warranty day..For Staples knock offs, its 14 days. Transfer Belts wear faster when you do a lot of colour.  You are supposed to be higher education, use it! Your last paragraph is poor. Stop trying to be an expert. If in doubt print a page of CYM. If poor quality, put down the phone and seek human advise..not the internet.

Technician
Honor Student
Message 23 of 33 (3,261 Views)

Thanks mate. I'll try those things and come back to you.

regards

Rob

Honor Student
Message 24 of 33 (2,754 Views)

This worked for me; cartridge was low, changed cartridge, problem solved!  Thanks!

Honor Student
Message 25 of 33 (2,595 Views)

Hello,

I am having a problem with white streaks on my prints, I have run all the cleanings and alignments the menu gives me as well as the tap 21 test.

Please check out my streak on the print quality report here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/153119703@N05/shares/02Q2S0

that picture shows magenta at the top of the streak, Now after I ran the tap 21 test about 5 times, the streaks are only white now ,

can someone please help me with this problem? Will this advanced cleaning kit help this problem?

HP Advance Cleaning Kit CN459-67006

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!

Tom

Top Student
Message 26 of 33 (2,455 Views)

Basically, you have a dirty printer.  DO NOT USE CAN AIR in the printer.  Toner is a very fine particle such as drywall dust.  Use a vaccum specific for cleaning the printer.  This is why printer technicans make such high $$ because no one knows how to maintain a server printer in the office.  The streaks are from the toner drum that got scratched due to printer not being kept clean.  Some brand new toners can have scratches on the drum.  Server printers have a toner deposit container that has to be replaced when full or you will get toner in the printer.  Read the printer manual on how to clean and maintain the printer or contact the printer folks

Honor Student
Message 27 of 33 (2,416 Views)

The problem maybe the printheads that are old and worn or you just need to calibrate the printheads to the correct setting.  Or clean the waste ink tank out (if it has one)  Hope this helps!

Intern
Message 28 of 33 (2,390 Views)

there are no printheads in a LaserJet. ITB may need to be changed. Also remove the toner cartridge, look in the back to find the mirror..clean with a eye glass cloth.

Technician
Teacher
Message 29 of 33 (1,977 Views)

Hello,  I see that your post has several good suggestions.  Can you tell me what printer model you have and if the lines and streaks  are vertical or horizontal  on the printed page.   The LaserJet 200/300/400 series have trays with cartridges that install in a horizontal orientation.   If most of your printing is mono and occasional color pages, these series of LJ's do not lift the OPC off the ITB.  When the print quality is observed have you inspected the cartridges for wear on the drum or the cylinder-colored surface ?  The OPC surface maybe worn thin and contributing to the streaks.  To prevent this in future, interject printing color in the mono pages.  The obvious is to replace the cartridges.  

(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
Honor Student
Message 30 of 33 (1,954 Views)

Hi,

First remove the cartridge and check for any spillage inside the printer.

If you fine any, clean with the soft cotton cloth.

then try printing with the internal report.

setup>reports>configuration report.

If you see any lines and dots etc.. try doing the cleaning page

device maintainence>cleaning page.

after finishing, print and check once again

If the same issue persits try checking  with HP genuine cartridge.

the issue will get resolved.

Thanks,

“Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.”

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation