SusanTCI Tutor
Tutor
11 0 2
Message 31 of 33
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Color LaserJet - Lines/streaks

I have a client with a M577f.  I did the cleaning page. Change the cartridges that were low. Took a look at toner colleciton Unit.  Didn't seem to be full.

There are lines running down the dead center of the page. Sometimes light. Sometimes darker. Sometimes about 1"  in thickness sometimes a few thin lines. But always in the same spot.  Not always the same color.  But mostly black.  I just changed the black cartridge for testing and it showed very litle difference.  It doesn't happen on every page either.

I thought it could be the fuser assembly.  Thoughts?

ofcourse2 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 32 of 33
Flag Post

Solved!

Unfortuantely that sounds like the transfer belt assembly is failing. 

Her'es a link:  http://www.printertechs.com/shop/hp-color-laserjet-m553-transfer-kit-b5l24-67901

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
60 0 12
Message 33 of 33
Flag Post

Solved!

there might be a bend in the mylar strip that helps to keep the toner in the hopper section. NOW I wonder how much HP would charge for advice. As for white streaks, something is blocking. Use a thin piece of paper and run it along teh metering blade.

Technician
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation