Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I have an HP Color LaserJet MFP M277dw run via my iMac, I cannot set to black & white there are no settings in my print options menu, has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Doxxy575

We can try to isolate the issue by creating a new user account and adding the printer. Refer to the document Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac or help on creating a new user account. (This is a third-party link. Please do not click on any ad, image, download, popup or link or anywhere else as this is a third-party link meant only for viewing information) Once you login to the new user account, add the printer and try printing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Doxxy575, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Please ensure that the printer is up to date with its firmware and Mac is up to date with its software. If you are unsure you may use the links below to update the printer firmware and Mac software:

Update printer firmware

Update software on Mac 

1.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

2.) Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.

3.) If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button  at the bottom of the list.

4.) Click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.

5.) Click the Use or Print Using menu, select AirPrint in the pop-up menu. Then click Add.

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

6.) Try to print.

Let me know how it goes! 

Cheers 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, unfortunately, this will not resolve the issue as both printer & computer have up to date software.

REgards

Dave

HP Recommended

@Doxxy575

Have you tried removing and adding the printer using AirPrint drivers? If not, please try.

Also, to isolate the issue further- do you have issues with a particular application or all applications?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Cheers 🙂

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi TEJ1602

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. The printer is connected via a  printer cable, I have reset the printer to the default, however, this has not worked. Airprint gives me the option of Black & White via my Macbook Air, iPhone or iPad, however, if I use my main iMac which is a computer connected via a cable this option does not appear. 

Thanks 

Dave

HP Recommended

@Doxxy575

Let us try uninstalling and reinstalling the HP Printer drivers-

1. Click Finder in the Dock. 

2. In the menu bar, click Go, click Applications, and then open the HP or Hewlett Packard folder. 

a) If HP Uninstaller is in the folder, double click it, and then follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the software. 

b) If HP Uninstaller is not in the folder, continue to the next step. 

3. Click and drag the HP or Hewlett Packard folder to the Trash icon in the Dock. 

4. In the menu bar, click Go, click Go to Folder, type /Library/Printers, then click Go. 

The Printers folder opens. 

5. Click and drag the HP or Hewlett Packard folder to the Trash icon in the Dock. 

6. Restart the Mac. 

7. Right-click or Ctrl + click the Trash icon, and then select Empty Trash. 

Now, download and install the full-featured software from here.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi There 

Thank you for your time & help. I carried out the instructions as you detailed, however, I am still not getting an option to print a document in black & white, the default is colour and it's not possible to change this?

Regards
David  
HP Recommended

@Doxxy575

We can try to isolate the issue by creating a new user account and adding the printer. Refer to the document Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac or help on creating a new user account. (This is a third-party link. Please do not click on any ad, image, download, popup or link or anywhere else as this is a third-party link meant only for viewing information) Once you login to the new user account, add the printer and try printing.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.