Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet MFP M280nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I tried finding date/time setting for this printer but with no luck, when I scan to email everything works and I get the email but there is no date/time in the email and that is relevant information for me, so is it possible to set date/time for this printer or no because it doesent support fax?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The email itself will have the date and time it was received. It won't be IN the email itself necessarily, depending on your email system, but it will show in your list of emails the date and time it was received. That is a function of your email, not the printer.

HP Recommended

ALS-77 thank you for answering but i knew that already and I wasn't asking about email app functionality I was just asking is it possible for this printer to set date/time trough something like a dedicated option/setting i looked trough the manual and settings and advanced settings and couldn't find it so for my last resort I came here to see if such functionality even exists for this printer???, that is all.

I need a solution for in mail itself like the usual field Sent:  dd/mm/yyyy  hh:mm

HP Recommended

OK. Sorry. As far as I've ever seen on any model printer (HP, Xerox, etc.), that is not an option for emails. 

HP Recommended

Hello, we alredy had a printer that supported this option perfecty i will try attaching photo of it.. i think model was Hp officejet pro 8500 wireless.... That is why it is strange that new one(MFP m280nw) the replacement for it doesent have it... Thank you for response anyway. 

1582119833151..jpg

HP Recommended

That is very interesting. That is an Officejet vs a LaserJet. Though I'm surprised an Officejet would have that. I still have never seen that option on lasers. I very rarely work on Officejets as they are not that common in offices and are not that repairable and I never have to dig too deep for issues or help set those up.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.