Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet MFP M281fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm getting a 55.0602 error. I've turned off my printer, unplugged it, restarted it numerous times but am still getting the error.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Same thing happened to me today.  I"m on a MacBook Pro.  I found this solution at HP.  So far it's working.

https://printercare.hpage.com/fix-hp-printer-error-55-0602-hp-m402-error-55-06.html

HP Recommended

Thanks so much... that fixed the problem.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue with NVRAM-issue (error code 55.0602). The step with removing power cable etc didn´t help. Went on to run "HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows". When starting up, the program went for a SW upgrade for the printer. And, that failed. So, now the program says it has to install the SW again, which fails all the time... Andless loop, and always the error code on the display... Starts to sound like throwing it in the wastebin. Or finding the faulty HW-chip... I would assume buying and replacing a HP spare part would ruin me...

Even spending the time with this ....

HP Recommended

I have now given up as none of the proposed options to remedy the issue works. Can someone direct me to where I can find more info about replacing the HW-chip controlling NVRAM...? Maybe (likely) way too expensive, but interesting to know before I throw it in the wastebin.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.