Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro M252dw

Had to recently change my Wifi router and since then the printer has not been able to connect to the network. When I go into the settings on the printer to connect to the network, it 'says' it has connected successfully and it gets an IP address - although I don't believe it as the printer isn't showing up within the Router's Admin page. 

The old wireless network name on the old router is the same as the one on the new router and I have a feeling that the printer is just getting a bit confused and thinks it is connected when it isn't. 

Is there a way to completely forget all network settings without doing a full factory restore on the printer itself. I remember having a lot of issues initially setting up this printer when I purchased it including firmware upgrades, so I really don't want to have to do a factory restore if I can help it. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Most likely the new router has different IP addressing from your other one, nothing to do with the network name. You'll have to reinstall the printer on your computer like it was new.

Here's a link that may help:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04517456

HP Recommended

The router itself has the same IP, 192.168.0.1. 

It's not the laptop that has an issue connecting to the router, it's the printer that has an issue. The laptop cannot find the printer on the network, so a re-install of the printer on the laptop wouldn't make any difference. 

HP Recommended

Did you use the same security like WEP and the same passphrase security code for the printer? Do a fresh install of the printer onto the network like it was done when it was new. Make sure the IP address of the printer is set to an address that is not being used by another device and maybe set it to DHCP so the router can assign a new address to it, then set it up on your computer again. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.