Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro M452dn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently, my HP Color LaserJet Pro M452dn has started leaving cyan toner spots all along the edges of my printed sheets. I haven't done anything differently than before this problem started, so I'm not sure what's causing it.

I'm using authentic HP toner cartridges and the cyan cartridge is not low.

Any help is appreciated, as I'm wasting too much paper at this point. Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Logic tells me the cyan toner cartridge is defective. Since the defect is only in the one color you need to swap out the cyan toner with another and I am sure the issue will be resolved. Are these hp or aftermarket toners?

HP Recommended

For me it is the yellow and I did replace the cartridge but it still does it. I can print a 94 page document and the first 50 - 60 are fine but then it will gradually begin showing yellow edges. It progressively gets worse as that print job continues

HP Recommended
My cyan toner was defective. I could tell once I took it out. It had a little bit of toner leaking out. HP sent a replacement cartridge because my printer is under warranty and the defective cartridge was the one that came with the printer. Once I put the new cartridge in, the issue was fixed.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your insight. I will take another look at it

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.