2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M177fw screen frozen on hp logo and energy star

HP Recommended
Color LaserJet Pro MFP M177fw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

After i update firmware for Color LaserJet Pro MFP M177fw, the printer screen frozen on hp logo and energy star... please assist...

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,545 21,446 1,182 1,274
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kaokhao

Welcome to HP support community.

I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is there any chance that I can have the instructions for fixing this issue.  I have the same problem.  I was trying to be proactive and update my firmware and my MFP M177fw is now frozen on the hp logo and energy star.  Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8
993 977 90 153
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You may have a bad formatter needed to be replaced if after trying performing NVRAM without succeed.

You can give it a try to resend firmware to see if it works.

Do as this said and hope it works.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/Ready-2-Download-FW-corruPt-m281fdw/m-p/7560149/Pop_...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

can you send me the instructions for ressetting the nvram?  Not sure I did the correct procedure.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

u need to change the mainboard....cannot repair after flashed with the firmware... i changed a new mainboard and everthing back to normal...no more freeze...the instruction for resetting the nvram is totally useless....cannot help at all..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8
993 977 90 153
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Mostramos como resetear o restaurar a valores de fábrica la impresora HP LaserJet Pro MFP M177fw, aunque también puede valer para otros modelos de HP. En est...
permanent storeage init, cold reset, NVRAM reset, NVRAM init HP Laser Jet Pro series How to Reset HP LaserJet Pro 200 series How to Reset HP LaserJet Pro 400...
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation