Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Color LaserJet Pro MFP M177fw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

After i update firmware for Color LaserJet Pro MFP M177fw, the printer screen frozen on hp logo and energy star... please assist...

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@kaokhao

Welcome to HP support community.

I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Is there any chance that I can have the instructions for fixing this issue.  I have the same problem.  I was trying to be proactive and update my firmware and my MFP M177fw is now frozen on the hp logo and energy star.  Thank you in advance.

HP Recommended

You may have a bad formatter needed to be replaced if after trying performing NVRAM without succeed.

You can give it a try to resend firmware to see if it works.

Do as this said and hope it works.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/Ready-2-Download-FW-corruPt-m281fdw/m-p/7560149/Pop_...

HP Recommended

can you send me the instructions for ressetting the nvram?  Not sure I did the correct procedure.

HP Recommended

u need to change the mainboard....cannot repair after flashed with the firmware... i changed a new mainboard and everthing back to normal...no more freeze...the instruction for resetting the nvram is totally useless....cannot help at all..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.