Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M177fw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all, 

I have made yesterday evening the firmware upgrade for my printer, but after it finished successfully , i can see now just a simple display with the HP logo and energy star logo. 

no new firmware is available - i downloaded the only last , which is available for my printer.

i tried all the steps and recommendations from the HP community - but without any success .

Steps which i finished :

1- tried to re-flash the firmware - it says, the printer is not prepared

2 - unplug the printer for more than 60 sec. and plug back

3- i was able to get the "- permanent storage init" status to my display - but nothing happen'd after this

Using Windows 10 64bit

Can you please contact me somebody from HP, to solve my problem?

Thank you.

Viktor

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Viktor12

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team as this could be a hardware issue.

Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Betty, 

i dont think, that this is an hardware issue.

The printer is still working, i can print from windows, just the touch screen stucked on the HP logo.

i have contacted today also my local HP support, but they have no idea, how to solve the issue.

They recommended to contact HP servis center to and bring my device to them. But as my device is after the warranty, the servis center will ask money for repair. So now, please explain me, why i should pay , if i have used the original HP firmware? this is not my fault , that the device is not working for 100%. 

This is really shame, that after i used the original firmware upgrade file, created from HP, now i have not 100% working device.

As i can see, i am not the only one , who has the same issue , with the HP MFP device.

In the past, there was new firmware's created, to solve the issue, however the current firmware is the last, and it happens again.

Please let us know, what to do , to have again functional touchscreen on our devices.

Thank you.

Viktor

HP Recommended

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i have this same issue.  Need support.  Multiple restarts and direct plug in to outlet is not resolving the issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.