Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
MFP M476nw

Hi!

I have an HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M476nw, that after the exit of the last page warn me about a paper jam in the output bin, but there isn't any paper stuck anywhere. It's not important how may pages i print, the error came up after the last page is printed.

I've dismantled the printer, and i've not found any mechanical problem. I've tried to disconnect the optical sensor that monitor the output flaps (that are moving freely), and the error came up after the first page is printed (as the printer doesn't sense the page exiting).

I've also checked the sensor in the fuser, and all seem ok.

I've already updated the firmware.

What other i can check?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

To me, it looks like you found the problem. Since it's specifying the output bin there's only so far you have to go to troubleshoot. You can recreate the same error at a different step in the print process so I would target that exit sensor. It could be getting stuck open for too long, the flag that trips the sensor could be damaged or the post that it's on may be bent. Try to replace the sensor and the flag (if damaged).

HP Recommended

Hi! I've double checked the flag and the flap, All is moving as it should. I've checked while printing if the flap was moving back to position fast enough, and as the paper leave the exit path, the flap closes in no time (the strange fact is that if i print multiple pages, the printer recognize every single page, but at the latest one it prompt the error). I've also checked the pad that stops the flap (or better, the flag) and it's not sticky, and positioned as it should.

The printer is like new, have printed very few pages (home use), still the original toners. I hate the idea to throw it away 😞

HP Recommended

Does this happen on copy and print, only internal prints or when printing from a driver specifically?

HP Recommended

Both copy and print...

HP Recommended

My last suggestion would be to reseat the connector on the sensor and where it connects to another harness or even on the controller board. Best regards!!🤞

HP Recommended

Already done 😞 While i've tried to disconnect it (and get the error after the first page), i've reseated all the connectors to the main pcb.

Thanks for your help...

HP Recommended

No one have any ideas?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.