Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color Laserjet MFP M477fdn
Microsoft Windows XP

Hi there

Just purchased the HP Color Laserjet MFP M477fdn and would like to print via wifi from laptop and  mobile devices.

There is an icon in the top right corner of the screen for network connectivity but there is no icon for wifi and seemingly no way of finding a menu for it in Setup.

I have connected to the printer via a network cable direct to a router. No USB cable.

I have already updated the Firmware and enabled eprinting.

I can connect to the printer via 192.168.0.44 but cannot find a wifi enable section

The printer prints test pages via the menu, prints emails via e-print and reports. Just can't connect with it via wifi.

Chat support offers nothing and noone available to talk to.

Many thanks for any help!

Adam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks very much.  Bought the wrong printer but will survive without airprint! 

All my very best

Adam

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

The M477fdn printer offers USB or Ethernet wired networking, it does not offer any wireless capabilities.

The M477fdw or M477fnw printers supports wireless connectivity, not the M477fdn model, as listed by the Wireless section below:

http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=4AA6-0843EEE

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks very much.  Bought the wrong printer but will survive without airprint! 

All my very best

Adam

HP Recommended

You are welcome, Adam.

Be aware that the printer does not support wireless capabilities, but it does support AirPrint while connected with an ethernet cable to your network.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Is there an addon card/device (aside from a hotspot) that can be installed to add wifi to this printer? I know in past older HPs you had the option to do that on a few

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.