01-25-2020 02:48 PM
Product: HP ColorLaserJet pro MFP M181fw
HP ColorLaserJet pro MFP M181fw worked fine. Now I have changed OS to Win 10, setup drivers. It doesn't print, but I can scan pictures. I can connect to printer by wifi, can change printer parameters, but when I try to print anything (even test page from windows) it show me an error.
When I check the device by "HP Print & scan doctor" - it says "all is ok".
PS I have totally removed all HP printer drivers and set up it again. It does not solve my problem.
01-28-2020 03:18 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
Did you uninstall the old drivers from root level?
If not, follow the below steps:
Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Remove all instances of the same.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- Restart the PC again.
Download and install the printer full feature driver
Click here to download the driver.
I hope that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
01-29-2020 12:14 PM
Yes I uninstalled it. But it does not help.
I have found a solution! It was not an issue with HP Drivers, It was an issue with Windows 10.
The full permission should be done for any users for windows "temp" folder!
I have set it and bingo! I can print MS Word documents!