Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Color LaserJet CP2025
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all

Got a new laptop. Trying to  load my colour printer. LaserJet CP2025. This is a wired printer. It's plugged in but when I choose 'add printer' in the control panel,  it doesn't appear. Why?

I found the driver on the HP site, found the printer, chose driver for Windows 10 64b, HP Universal Print Driver for Windows PCL6 (64-bit). 

At the beginning after choosing 'Traditional Mode'  a window opens 'add printer' and underneath says 'find printer  by other options' so I guess it still can't see it. WHY?

So I choose 'add a local printer or network printer with manual settings'. Then it says choose your printer from the list. This printer is not on the list!!! It also says 'Click Windows Update to see more models'.

There are literally THOUSANDS under the HP list but It's still not there!! There are printers there that are way older than this one. Why is the driver still available on the HP website  if it can't be listed any where!?

At one point I chose the 'HP Universal Printing PCL 6 (v6.6.5)'  as it was offered on the first list and it looked like the name of the driver. That worked but in Black ink. No colour!! :HalfEyes:

So frustrating!!!

Please help

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Check to see if the printer and PC are in the same area of ip address for example 192.168.1.xxx

Both of them must have the same 192.168.1.xxx but different xxx.

With network cable plugged into print out a network report from CP2025's front panel to see if the ip addresss area is the  same as your pc. If it's not change it form front panel and add new printer again from PC it should be fine.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.

In my post I said this is a wired printer.  I mean with a USB plugged into the laptop.This surely has nothing to do with IP addresses or Networking settings?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.