Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for this advice. I was having exactly the same problem - and your advice has totally solved the problem. I really appreciate your help.

Paulabookworm

HP Recommended

HI Paulabookworm, 

Glad to hear this post helped you out with your issue. Have a wonderful day.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hi

I have just bought a HP Deskjet 1050a and I'm having the same problem changing the print quality to Draft.

I've followed pcwizard's advice and installed a 990c printer etc but when I try to print I just get an error on the 990c.

My operating system is Windows Vista Home Premium.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi AVFC1982,

Restart your computer, and then try printing again using the 990c driver. Let me know what you find out?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi pcwizard

I restarted my computer as you recommended and I can now print in draft mode using the 990c on my 1050a.

However, the documents are still coming out in bold print instead of (as I would expect from my previous epson printers) faded (draft) print. 

Can you help?

HP Recommended

Hi AVFC1982,

The draft mode doesn't use that much less ink than using the normal mode printing. We can't compare the printing from an Epson printer to the HP as the software and firmware would not even be the same. If you are in fast draft mode the printer will print a little faster than if you were in Best mode. I hope this has helped explain the difference in print modes.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Ok. Thanks pcwizard.

It looks like I'll have to return the printer in that case as I print alot of documents for my work and it'll cost me a fortune in ink.

HP Recommended

Hi AVFC1982,

You should not have to pay a fortune on ink even if you are printing in normal mode. Below is some additional information about the page yield of a ink cartridge. You can also check into the following program below which will save you money on ink supplies. Let me know if you need any additional assistance?

My Print Rewards

HP publishes page yield data based on the industry standard for measuring cartridge yields (ISO/IEC 24711). Under the ISO 24711 testing guidelines, a standard set of five 8 1/2 x 11 pages are printed continuously until the cartridge reaches end-of-life. For a variety of reasons, these testing conditions may not reflect what you experience in everyday use. ISO standard page yields therefore should be used only as a starting point for comparison purposes, and not to predict the actual yield you will get from your HP printer and cartridge. Actual yield varies considerably based on the content of printed pages, frequency of printing, and other factors. Click here for more information about page yield and ink volume. Click here for information about how ink is used.

Standard print sample set

1.jpg

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended
Re: HP Deskjet 1050 J410 series[ New ] Options
Mark as New

Bookmark

Subscribe

Subscribe to RSS Feed

Highlight

Print

Report Inappropriate Content

‎02-01-2013 09:25 AM

Hi pcwizard

I restarted my computer as you recommended and I can now print in draft mode using the 990c on my 1050a.

However, the documents are still coming out in bold print instead of (as I would expect from my previous epson printers) faded (draft) print.
Can you help?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.