Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
It was working well wirelessly when I first setup with Verizon router, but we have changed to a cable service. I unsuccessfully tried to download disk to PC, but it didn't work. I have since deleted the printer from the PC and just want to print wirelessly from my iPad which worked successfully when using the Verizon router. After reading and trying to fix this myself, I wond if I have IPAdress issues?
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi Grandmotherboo,

I hate to hear you are having issues.  Please see the steps below that may quickly resolve the issue.  If the issue continues Click Here.  We can also run the print and scan doctor to eliminate any simple issues the tool can resolve,Click Here.

Quick steps:

1. Connect printer to network use WPS button method (see page 33 of manual if needed)

2. Update IP address through software(all programs-HP folder-update IP/connect new/setup and software)

Or

1. Install the unit will USB cable

2. Convert to wireless(all programs-HP folder-printer setup and software-convert a USB printer to wireless)

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input !
Thank You,
I work for HP.
HP Recommended
Sorry but what Manuel has 33 pages? Also, don't know how to connect using WPS. Nor do I know how to change IP Address. I am educable, but I do need specific step by step directions if you are able. Thank you.
HP Recommended
Remember.....I am using an iPad....no PC.
HP Recommended

Hi Grandmotherboo,

Thanks for the response.  Click Here to access the manual.  I have pasted the steps below, but you can access the steps by going to page 33 to view the WPS steps (this option will only work if router has WPS button). Test functionality after the printer connects to the network; if issues are persisting continue with the next link.  If you have access to a PC it will be easier to update or convert from there(with steps from previous post), however if you only have access the the Ipad Click Here to complete configuration steps.

WPS method:

1.Press the WiFi Protected Setup (WPS) button on your router.

2.Press and hold the Wireless button on the printer until the wireless light starts blinking. Press and hold for 3 seconds to start WPS push button mode .

NOTE: The product begins a timer for approximately two minutes in which the corresponding button on the

networking device needs to be pressed.

If the issue persists after utilizing the WPS method, click on the above link to configure from the Ipad device.

Hope this helps!

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
Thank You,
I work for HP.
HP Recommended
I have no WPS on router. Issue not resolved. The printer is no connected to Internet. Printer appears to be set up successfully. I am sooooo frustrated.
HP Recommended

Hi Grandmotherboo,

I hate to hear the issues persist.  Do you have any access to a PC?  If the WPS option is not supported by the router we can do a USB to wireless conversion or attempt connection with the  Ipad from the link in the previous post. What happened when the Ipad configuration was attempted?  Let me know the below, I would be happy to continue with the connection issue.

1. Press the wireless button

2. What is indicated (connected, on, etc.)?

3. What happened when attempting configuration with this Link

Regards,

Thank You,
I work for HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.