Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I recently purcahsed a new laptop and I tried installing my current printer (HP Deskjet 4235 all in one) and I was unable to do so because it doesn't support the new Window 7 version. But do you have ay other way or program that I can install so that I can use this printer rather than buying a new one from elsewhere? Please help me inatall this current laptop to my new Windows 7 laptop.

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Which Deskjet F4200 do you have? And which Windows 7 are you running 32 or 64 bit?

I was an HP employee

If I have helped you solve your issue please mark it as solved

**Say Thanks By Clicking on the Kudos Star**
HP Recommended

I have the HP Deskjet 4235 all in one and Window 7 64bit

HP Recommended

Hi

I have windows vista 64 bit, version 6.0, service pack 2 and Deskjet F4200  and I have been having trouble with this printer. First, the scanner stopped in the middle of a scan and the printer the same....later, it did not print at all...I unistalled and installed again the software but it keeps saying the printer is off, or the cable is not plugged...then the troubleshooting prompt me to "Click to download and install the new driver from the Hewlett-Packard website" where I download  DJ_AIO_06_F2400_NonNet_Basic_Win_enu_140_175.exe but the installation gets stuck in step 3 of 4

Thanks 

Roberto

HP Recommended

well what you can do is just to skip the installation of the driver and try to go to

start > devices and printers > and perform add a printer

select local printer

IF it will asked you what type of port choose USB001 and hit next;

look for the hp folder on the field of manufacturers and choose any printer that would be closely related to your deskjet; next

follow all the prompts of that add a printer wizard and it should let you to at least print;

note: what you are doing there is to achieve a printing driver only so most probably if your printer has scanning function or anything it wont work; basically this is just a work around.

Dre
"I may not be the best of help there is, but at least i would try my best to give you a reply on your questions"

Please Click the KUDOS button as a sign of "thanks"

For Other Questions or Informations email me @ laijayadrian@hotmail.com
HP Recommended

Thanks Kudo, but my printer appears in control panel/printers and it has a check; but when I plug it, the PC says  USB device not recognized. I have unplugged and restarted the computer, turned  the printer off and on and restarted the PC. 

I tried the "Hardware Issues: Try the HP Hardware Diagnostic Utility"   but at executing it did not find the printer

I have windows vista 64 bit, version 6.0, service pack 2 and Deskjet F4200  and I have been having trouble with this printer. First, the scanner stopped in the middle of a scan and the printer the same....later, it did not print at all...I unistalled and installed again the software but it keeps saying the printer is off, or the cable is not plugged...then the troubleshooting prompt me to "Click to download and install the new driver from the Hewlett-Packard website" where I download  DJ_AIO_06_F2400_NonNet_Basic_Win_enu_140_175.exe but the installation got stuck in step 3 of 4

Thanks

Roberto

HP Recommended

I have a hp deskjet f4200series i have lost my desk for my compurter

HP Recommended

i lose my desk for my computer

HP Recommended

I need a fix to install the Deskjet F4200 to a computer with a Windows 7 operating system.  Thanks.

Helen

HP Recommended

what do I need to do to make my HP Deskjet F4200 printer work on Windows 7?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.