Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Lenovo Yoga 730
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have installed the latest firmware on HP Laser Jet Pro MFP M125nw and its latest drivers on a Lenovo Yoga 730 - windows 10, 64 bit. Using HP Easy Start, I am trying to get the Yoga Printing on this printer using WiFi. Towards the end of the process with Easy Start, I was supposed to get a test page printed, before the HP Easy Start is done.  Yet, for this particular computer, the print test page step is automatically skipped. Interestingly, I can see the icon for the printer in the list of printers installed on this laptop, but the printer won't print any page (test page or other). I have tried unistalling and installing again but no difference. Also tried installign the printer via USB - same failure.

Notably, I have managed to connect to successfully and print on this same printer from two other Lenovo (Thinkpad) laptops windows 10 - 64 bit (wifi printing), but these are different models.

Any ideas as to how to solve this problem?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@M_MA It looks like we've exhausted all modes of resolving this issue and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

@M_MA A full feature driver for one or more Windows versions is not available for your printer, either from the CD that shipped with your printer or from the HP website.

NOTE:

Where is the download button? The HP print driver is built into the Windows operating system or is installed through the Windows Update feature on your computer. You do not need to download anything from a website in order to print, scan, or fax.

See the Frequently asked questions in this document for additional information, including how to scan using this driver.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: Click here

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

If the above doesn't help, please create a new user account and try the same steps again: click here for details.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for this guidance, Riddle. Unfortunately, I followed all the steps, including establishing a new account but *none* of that worked. Still, I cannot print a test page. Always, I can only print the "internal test page". I even did go through restarting the spool service. 

I would appreciate any other help I can get from HP Customer service.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@M_MA Here's a list of steps that should help resolve the issue:

Connect to a TCP/IP Port and here's how to do it:

• Touch on the wifi icon ((i)) on the printer, and take down the IP address 
  • a. Click Start/Devices and Printers.  Right-click on your HP Printer.  Select Printer Properties.  Select the Ports tab at the top.
  • b.    Select Add Port.  Select Standard TCP/IP Port.  Select New Port.
  • c.    Follow the Add Port Wizard.  Under Printer Name or IP Address, .  Example:  192.168.1.15.  The IP address will be copied under Port Name.  
  • d.    Select Next and Finish the Wizard.

Keep us posted,

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks for  this additional suggestion, Riddle_Decipher. I tried. Unfortunately, it did not work either. Sorry.

I look forward to any other ideas you or others might have.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@M_MA If a full feature driver from HP is not available for your printer, you must install the built-in print driver. A full feature driver for one or more Windows versions is not available for your printer, either from the CD that shipped with your printer or from the HP website.

NOTE:

Where is the download button? The HP print driver is built into the Windows operating system or is installed through the Windows Update feature on your computer. You do not need to download anything from a website in order to print, scan, or fax.

See the Frequently asked questions in this document for additional information, including how to scan using this driver.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: Click here

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Riddle-Decipher,

Unfortunately, I have tried that (full solution) and did not work on the specific computer. It worked with other computers, but not this one. That is why I reached out to this  forum a few days back.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@M_MA If it works with other computers and not this one, the issue seems to be with the computer and not the printer, 

That said, I suggest you check with the computer manufacturer for support, also try using the HP Smart app as an alternative before you contact them: click here for details.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Riddle_Decipher,

I have tried HP Smart already. Did not work either. I have contacted Lenovo  support but no news yet. Interrestingly, the same computer works with other HP printers.  Further, if that tells you anything, I was able to get the printer to print via HP web services, but this is not what one expects when buying an HP printer.

Any chance that HP accesses a Lenovo Yoga 370 and develop the right drivers for it?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@M_MA Now, I know this is the third time I'm referring to the windows built-in drivers, however, the sequential steps have worked on many scenarios, and since this is a mere driver issue, I'll have to ask you to try the Windows built-in drivers again. and follow the steps below:

•    Go to Control Panel - Devices and Printers - Click on "Add printer" and follow the on-screen instructions.

•    When the page prompts for the drivers, select "Windows update". The driver list will be updated.

•    Click HP, Hewlett Packard, or Hewlett-Packard in the Manufacturer pane, and then click the name of your printer in the Printers pane.

Refer to this document HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver for help (same as posted before)

Keep me posted,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.