Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
ENVY 4520
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Printer and scanner were working fine until ink cartridge was changed.  Recalibrated printer, tried to scan recalibration page.  Message: Computer Not Found.  Suggested opening HP Utility to check settings.   Hp Utility has never been installed on computer and I cannot find a version compatible with MACOS Mojave 14 available online.  Have tried deleting and reinstalling printer on MAC, adjusting settings on HP Utility Site--no results.  When I tried to print, only Heading and title of page printed.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@asquare

A warm welcome to HP Support Community!

Re-aligning the printer and enabling scan to computer may resolve the issue. Here is how to do it:

1.) On the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, and then touch Setup.

2.) Touch Tools.

3.) Swipe up on the display, then touch Align Printer.

An alignment page prints.

4.) Wait for the alignment page to fully eject from the printer.

5.) Lift the scanner lid.

6.) Place the alignment page with the print side down on the scanner glass. Position it according to the engraved guides around the glass.

Image: Placing the alignment page on the scanner glass

7.) Close the scanner lid, then touch OK The printer aligns the ink cartridges.

Once you complete the alignment, use the following steps to enable Scan to computer:

1.) On your Mac, click Finder, click Applications, click the Hewlett-Packard or HP folder, then double-click HP Utility. (If HP Utility is not available, download and install the install HP Utility from here

2.) Under Scan Settings, click Scan to Computer, then make sure the Enable Scan to Computer check box is selected.

3.) Try to scan.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.