Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Envy 5530
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

The black ink is only printing on a potrion of the page.  The problem started not long (About two days) after replacing my tri-color cartridge, but not immediatley after.  Print jobs have been successfully completed since replacing the tri-color cartridge, but oddly, the printer requested twice for me to align the printer, even though I did so immediatley after installing the tri-color cartridge.  I declined and the print jobs continued to be accurate.  After several prints in this fashion, I believed my black cartridge to be too low to continue (Ink levels on the printer reflected this) so I changed the cartridge.  The printer said this cartridge was damaged and I needed to install another.  I did, and now the black ink is only printing on a portion of the page.  The alignmet page printed and only shows blue marks on the top third of the page with black marks beside and above the blue marks and two black marks at the very bottom of the page.  The only items between the blue marks and the bottom black marks are two red arrows, a red caution sign, and "IMPORTANT!" in red.  The print heads have been cleaned, yet the issue persists.  I am currently operating on single cartridge mode.  I've removed the black cartridge and have it laying nozzle up.  I will replace this cartridge tomorrow to see if the issue is resolved, but I am not hopeful.  What is my next course of action?  I have uploaded pictures of the flawed alignment page and test page but am unsure how to link them to this message.  Thank you for your time.        

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@KelseyRat

Thank you for the reply.

To replace both the defective cartridges contact the HP Technical support.

They should take care of your concern.

Thank you.

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello@KelseyRat

Welcome to the HP Forums.I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.As I understand you have print quality issues on the printer.I'll be more than glad to help you out.

Here, It looks like an issue with the black ink cartridge.Thank you for sharing the issue details.Superb job on trying the different steps to isolate the issue.Kudos to you. I understand that the above steps didn't resolve the issue.I recommend you to contact phone support for available service options.Use the link below to get in touch with them.

Technical support link: www.hp.com/contacthp

If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs up" to give me a "Kudos" and also please mark it as “Accepted Solution” if this helps.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thank you for your speedy response! It did turn out to be ANOTHER defective black ink cartridge. That was two cartridges in a row that did not work. Who do I need to contact to see about replacing my two 61XL black ink cartridges?
HP Recommended

@KelseyRat

Thanks for the reply.

It seems to be a hardware issue.

I request you to contact HP phone support for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
It turned out to be a problem with TWO black ink cartridges. Who do I contact about getting these defective cartridges replaced?
HP Recommended

@KelseyRat

Thank you for the update.

I understand that the above steps didn't resolve the issue.

I recommend you to contact phone support for available service options.

Use the link below to get in touch with them.

Technical support link: www.hp.com/contacthp

If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs up" to give me a "Kudos" and also please mark it as “Accepted Solution” if this helps.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Are you even reading my messages?
HP Recommended

@KelseyRat

Thank you for the reply.

To replace both the defective cartridges contact the HP Technical support.

They should take care of your concern.

Thank you.

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
That sounds more like a response from a real person instead of something computer generated. Thank you!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.