05-19-2017 11:51 AM
I'm trying to add a HP Envy 7640 to desktop running Win10 Enterprise 64 bit and have all the correct drivers installed but it won't print in color even when select Color in CTRL P option. Need help with this because calling HP tech support doesnt seem to be an option.
05-20-2017 02:06 PM
Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.
I understand that you are unable to print in color from your HP ENVY 7640 e-All-in-One Printer.
This issue could occur if the black only option is checked in the drivers or the color cartridge may be empty or defective.
Let's go through a few steps to resolve this issue.
1. In your software application, click Print.
2. Select your printer from the list of available printers.
3. Click the option that opens the Printer Properties dialog box.
Note: Depending on your software application, this button might be called Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer Properties, Printer, or Preferences.
4. On the properties window, click the Paper/Quality or Features tab, depending on your software.
5. Click Advanced, click Print in Grayscale, and then de-select Print in Grayscale or High-Quality Grayscale.
6. Click OK to complete the change.
If the issue persists, then you may follow the link: Print Quality Issues
Let me know how this works.
You have a good day ahead.
I am an HP Employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!