Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP L7680 does not print yellow

HP Officejet L7680
Linux

Hi ....

My printer does not appear to print yellow.  Steps I have taken are:

1) I created a document inserting 3 squares each one filled 100% with cyan magenta and yellow. The results of the print out showed that the yellow square was blank. The magenta square appeared ok as magenta. The cyan squate appeared sort of purple.

After searching online I was then directed to this web site and to a 'print quality diagnostics page'. This print out is generated from the 'set up' on the front panel of the printer. The print out included the print out of 3 different test patterns...according to the evaluatiuon of the results it suggested all was ok with printheads and alignment.

After this the rest of the analysis didnt really go into potential issues with colour.

Can anyone help please.

Thank you in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7692 7684 421 580
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Gatehouse,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing print quality issues with your HP Officejet Pro L7680 All-in-One Printer.

This issue could occur if the printhead is clogged or the electrical contacts on the cartridge or the printhead are not working or the printhead could be defective.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

And here are a few steps for you in the link: Fixing Print Quality Problems

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Gatehouse Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have received several responses.

Including responses from others I have also received responses from 'hp engineeers' telling me to select a 'link' for print relatred problems.

If the people responding had the courtesy to read the email ...all would realise that I have cleary tried all of those steps and am looking for help over and above.

What a complete waste of time

Kevin N

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7692 7684 421 580
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Gatehouse,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue still persists after following the steps provided in the previous interaction. I also see that you are receiving a lot of responses posting as 'HP engineers' telling you to select a 'link' for print related problems.

These responses could be a fraud. I suggest that you visit the link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05404707

If the issue still persists after following the troubleshooting steps, I suggest that you contact HP Technical Phone Support from this link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP
Select the country where you are located and type the product# or the serial number of the unit and then choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information. Click on 'Show Options' icon and then scroll down the page and select 'Get Phone Number' to get the phone number.   

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation