Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LASERJET PRO 200 COLOR M276nw
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Help!  My printer ran out of paper during a print job.  I powered off the printer, replaced the paper, and turned it back on.  Came up with the 59.C0 error.  I have powered it off several times, pulled the power cord and waited at least 5 minutes each time.

The unit does not have a surge arrester.  I have checked each of the toner cartridges and made sure they are seated.  No luck.  It doesn't make any strange noises...

Is there any other troubleshooting I can do?  I've had no problems until this point.

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @fischer94563

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I understand that the Printer is stuck on the 59.C0 error.

I could help.

I appreciate all the troubleshooting steps you attempted.

Once again try a Printer Reset.

(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
 NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

If the Reset doesn't work, We will attempt an NVRAM Initialization.

Since the Steps for the NVRAM Initialization are crucial, I will send you a Private Message with the instructions.

Can you please check your inbox on the Forums page for the private message.

Thank you. 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and "Kudos" Buttons.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Performed NVRAM init twice now.  Still comes up with the same 59.C0 error.

Does anyone know what this error indicates?

Thanks for your comments KrazyToad!

Kevin

HP Recommended

I have just needed to add paper during a prinitng.  I received a 59.C0 error.  I read the procedure on an earlier message.  Followed all theps numerous tiems and have not had any success.  What is the next steps?

HP Recommended

Something bad and not an easy job to fix it.

There's a sticky solenoid causes the black/color match timing wrong.

If you can just clean the sticky thing off it will fine and put a piece paper inbetween instead will be better.

Not an easy job to do.

Check here on youtube, not same models but same problems.

Hp CLJ CP3525 CP3530 59.F0 disassembly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak8hkSuRyOk

HP LASER JET COLOR CM1415FN ERRO 59.c0 PARTE1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOc7T4zo-uQ

By the way, there's no need to take motor and gears assembly off , just use Q-tip and alcohol will be done.

But the solonoid is hiding in deep of the gears not easy to be found.

You can check it by seeing  Replies (12) 's picture it's rery close to where it is.

Important: 25min 40sec white gears position. Remove the brown sponge from the solenoid and glue there a thin plastic piece. CM4540 is very similar. UPDATE!!!: I found an other video about this issue which is much more simple: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE1YhZXxLp0 I haven't tried it in that ...
Conjunto de 3 vídeos resolvendo o erro de alinhamento do mecanismo.
HP Recommended

Why not post the steps? I have same issue. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.