Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Enterprise M605
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I was wondering what would be causing the issue of jamming from Tray 2 to Tray 3 in this particular printer and there seems to be a grinding noise coming from either the Registration rollers or the Paper Feed Unit itself.  The printer is able to print fine with Tray 1 since its bypassing but it will jam up coming from Tray 2 onward.  Could the Paper Feed Unit just be broken and needs to be replaced or could it be something that is jammed up into it?  One test that I did do what use some card stock with Tray 2 removed and jammed it up into the guide in the machine and it fed through fine by that means.  The trays are lifting and the rollers on the tray and the machine are in great condition and are moving with tests running.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Try using the component test in the troubleshooting menu to rotate the individual components and isolate the error.

I would add that the only grinding we have experienced on this engine are related to drum drive motor and associated drive train, but as you state you can print from tray 1 that is less likely to be an issue.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.