Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Jet 6L
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi i have strange issue, my printer does not print PCB tracks correctly i do know why, i alredy try to print this directly from PCB design program, exported files to pdf, gif and even jpg with no luck, same effect. I have this printer connected over USB->LPT adapter and use a windows 10 build in  Jet 6L driver.

Please help 😞

Bez tytułu.png

plytka_1strona.gif

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

> i alredy try to print this directly from PCB design program, exported files to pdf, gif and even jpg with no luck, same effect.

Does the exported images look correct when you preview from your PCB app or view them from Adobe or other image viewing apps?  If not then you need to tweak something in your PCB  app to make sure the data you want to print is leaving the application correctly. 

The LJ6L doesnt have alot of options for alternative driver configurations.  Normally I'd recommend trying a UPD or an alternative printer language but its unlikely that any would work.  My goto driver for legacy printers is the LJ 4100. Might be worth a shot to setup a duplicate print queue with this print driver behind it and see if it can work around the problem.

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

> i alredy try to print this directly from PCB design program, exported files to pdf, gif and even jpg with no luck, same effect.

Does the exported images look correct when you preview from your PCB app or view them from Adobe or other image viewing apps?  If not then you need to tweak something in your PCB  app to make sure the data you want to print is leaving the application correctly. 

The LJ6L doesnt have alot of options for alternative driver configurations.  Normally I'd recommend trying a UPD or an alternative printer language but its unlikely that any would work.  My goto driver for legacy printers is the LJ 4100. Might be worth a shot to setup a duplicate print queue with this print driver behind it and see if it can work around the problem.

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

HP Recommended

I install HP LJ 4100 PCL 5 driver from windows 10 update, and it works !!, time for document send to the printer takes 3x more but it prints correctly. I take out  this printer from eternal oblivion only for PCB printing not for every day usage so it does not matter how log sneding takes.

Many thanks !! You are the greatest.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.