12-10-2019 12:36 PM
I am getting a Err code 02. After researching, it seems to have something to do with the "cover" on the toner cartridge. I have replaced the toner cartridge to no avail. I tried getting tech support from HP online chat. They could not give me any assistance whatsoever. Can anyone help?
12-12-2019 01:43 PM - edited 12-12-2019 01:45 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the issue you are facing with the printer.
E2 error on the printer indicates the toner cartridge access door is not closed completely. Close the toner cartridge access door completely.
Look for any obstructions in the path of the cover.
If the error persists, reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee